If the questioner cannot afford to pay the penalty, he should apply to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and get the matter referred to a court. He should provide the court with documents and proof stating the reason for his wife’s failiure to exit the country before the expiry of her visit visa. The court may decide to reduce the penalty if there is sufficient reason.