• Original Passport
• Original Labour Card (Work Permit)
• Trade License copy
• Labour Establishment Card copy
• Immigration Establishment Card copy
• Typed Application (separate application for Labour & Immigration )
Application Fee: No online fee for Labour Card Cancellation (service charge to be paid).
Immigration Fee: Dh70 (service charge extra) to be paid at Typing Centre for canceling visa in the passport.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
• Put company seal and signature of the sponsor on the typed application.
• Employees signature also required left side of the form under his statement I certify that i received all my dues and entitlements. Employee should not sign there before receiving his dues if any.
• Submit the application along with original passport and Labour Card to the Labour Counter at Al Tawar (Municipality Building – Opposite to Al Tawar Centre). Both Labour Card and Visa can be cancelled from the same hall.
Labour Card cancellation can be done from the following centers also:
Ministry of Labour at Qisais from 1pm to 7pm (Sunday to Thursday).
Hyatt Regency Hotel, Deira (Frist floor, Business Centre) from 8am to 2:00pm (Sunday to Thursday).
Ministry of Labour counter at Belhasa Driving Centre Building, behind Al Wasl Hospital, Deira from 8am to 2pm (Sunday to Thursday).
• After Labour Card cancellation submit Visa Cancellation application along with Labour Card cancellation receipt and original passport at Immigration head office at Jaffliya. Visa will be cancelled the same time.
NOTE: If the applicant has dependents (spouse, children, maid) under his sponsorship, their visa must be cancelled before canceling his visa in the passport. Or If he has got new Employment Visa/Investor visa offer, he can deposit Dh5000 at immigration office to avoid canceling his dependents visa. Once his new visa stamped, he can refund Dh5000.
To deposit Dh5000, the applicant has to take his original passport, cancellation slip of labour card, offer letter from new sponsor in Arabic and original passport of dependents to immigration.
There are 60 days grace period for Labour Card from the date of expiry, and 30 days grace period for Visa in the passport.
Applicant can stay in UAE 30 days from the date of cancellation if his visa was not expired at the time of cancellation. If the cancellation done during the grace period, remaining days will be allowed to stay without fine. If the the cancellation done during overstay period, 6 days will be granted from the date of cancellation.
Fine Dh15 per day will be calculated for Residence visa overstay if change status inside the country. Dh25 per day to be paid if exits.
Fine can be paid at Immigration or Airport at the time of exit.
Six months Ban will be put at the time of Employment Visa cancellation if he/she didn’t complete two years with the sponsor. This ban is applicable for Employment Visa only. He can apply for Visit/ Tourist/ Transit/ Investor/ Partner/ Free Zone Visa.
Latest posts by uaesupport (see all)
- UAE Labour Law: How much job termination salary are you entitled to? - May 23, 2016
- After cancellation of Visa - April 27, 2016
- New UAE Labour Law: No employee consent on labour contract, no visa - March 17, 2016