This service is provided by the Ministry to any firm wishing to cancel the labour card of a worker who has left the UAE, using the appropriate forms designed for the purpose.
- Application for Cancellation of Worker’s Labour Card (outside the country)
- Application for Cancellation of Worker’s Labour Card who has been outside the country for less than 6 months
- Cancellation can be done only after 6 months from the date of exit
- The original passport incase of cancellation of a worker who has been outside the country for less than 6 months
- Prescribed fees and fines need to be paid for not issuing the Labour card or renewing it on time.
- Copy of computer card
- A printout from Emigration Dept. showing the date of exit
- Worker’s original passport incase of cancellation of a worker who has been outside the country for less than 6 months
Steps to Follow
- Application for Cancellation of Worker’s Labour card (outside the country) is typed at typing offices or firms participating in smart card programme.
- Application is submitted to the counter for scrutiny and vetting of attached documents. In case the conditions are met
the application will then be processed at the counter.
- The employee`s labour card will be cancelled directly at the counter and it will be referred to Emigration counter for cancellation of the worker’s Residence.
Where to Apply?
Application will be submitted to the Permits Dept. at the Ministry HQ in Abu Dhabi or Dubai or the concerned Labour
Note : Fine will be calculated from the date of entry (in case the labour card is not issued) or from the first date of expiry of the labour card till the date of exit.
Latest posts by uaesupport (see all)
- UAE Labour Law: How much job termination salary are you entitled to? - May 23, 2016
- After cancellation of Visa - April 27, 2016
- New UAE Labour Law: No employee consent on labour contract, no visa - March 17, 2016