It is an application submitted by firms wishing to bring in a worker from abroad as per the form and fees specified for the purpose.
Application for Labour Permit – External (Outside UAE)
- The profession assigned to the expatriate worker must commensurate with the activities of the firm.
- Passport must be valid for six months.
- Age should range between 18 years minimum and 60 maximum.
- Copy of computer card incase the authorized person does not have a digital signature card.
- Passport copy of the worker
- Coloured photo of the worker.
- Copy of valid trade license In case of applying for driving profession, the driving license should be verified through post and submitted along with list of number of vehicles from the traffic or concerned department.
- A certified approval from the Ministry of Health if applying for doctors, pharmacists, nurses, or any other technician involved in medical profession. Approval of the Ministry of Education if applying for teaching professions in private
- Industrial production certificate from Ministry of Finance and Industry in case of industrial licenses.
- Certificate for Bachelors and Post Graduates are verified through post and certificates for undergraduates need to be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A certified approval from the General Authority of Youth and Sports, if applying for sports trainers / coaches.
Steps to Follow
- Type labour permit application (expatriates) at typing offices or firms participating in smart card program along with the prescribed fees.
- Present application to counter at the Ministry HQ in Abu Dhabi or Dubai or the concerned Labour office.
- The application is referred to Permits Committee for auditing who will either approve / reject or refer it to Inspection Department. In case of missingdocuments the applicant is asked to complete the same.
4. If the application is accepted, it will be referred to Data Audit Section for capturing the data electronically through the website www.emol.ae . In case of rejection it is referred to Inspection department or in case of missing documents, the applicant is informed through mail.
5. The applicant can access the website www.emol.ae to check the status of the application by entering the IN number. He can get a print out of the work permit approval, bank guarantee payments.
6. The payment of the bank guarantee and the prescribed fees can be done at the typing offices or the bank.
7. The applicant should submit the approval at the counter at the Ministry HQ in Abu Dhabi or Dubai or the concerned Labour office. The applicant will be then guided for the procedures of Emigration Department.
8.The application is processed at Labour office in Dubai and referred to the Emigration Dept. electronically. The applicant can access the website www.emol.ae and enter the IN Number. The applicant gets a print out from the website.
9. He can approach the Emigration Dept. in Dubai to complete the required procedures to issue the permit.
Where to Apply?
All applications will be submitted to the Permits Dept. at the Ministry HQ in Abu Dhabi and Dubai or the concerned Labour Office or sent directly by mail.
The validity of the permit is 60 days and can be extended based on some conditions:
- Fees, bank guarantee needs to be paid within 60 days
2. 500 AED is the fee for a ten day extension starting from the date of expiry of validity or from the first
3 . In case the fee and the bank guarantee is not paid within 60 days ,the labour permit will be cancelled
automatically by the Ministry .The permit then needs to be reapplied for.
Latest posts by uaesupport (see all)
- New UAE labour law for terminating employees, new contracts - September 29, 2015
- Tenancy contract for visa - September 18, 2015
- application for overstayfine - September 5, 2015