- ¼ pt (150ml) milk (hand hot)
- 2 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoon dried active yeast
- 1 lb (450g) plain flour plus extra for dusting
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ pt plain yoghurt, beaten
- 1 large egg, beaten
- A little melted vegetable ghee
Pour the milk into a bowl and stir in the sugar and the yeast. Set aside for 15 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into another bowl. Add to it the yeast mixture and all the remaining ingredients (except the ghee), and mix into a dough.
Place the dough onto a clean surface and kneed it for ten minutes or so, until it is smooth.
Put the dough in a greased bowl, cover with greased cling film, and set aside in a warm place for about an hour. The dough will double in size.
Kneed the dough again lightly before proceeding to make the nans as described in the previous recipe.
(Picture shows here not original)